Scientific benefits and Privileges to the Member Countries of the NAM S&T Centre
A Member Country -
· As a member of the Governing Council of the NAM S&T Centre, participates in various policy decisions, such as establishing the guidelines for the working of the Centre, considering and adopting the work programme and budget of the Centre and examining and approving the reports of the Director of the Centre.
· Receives total financial support for international travel, boarding/lodging and per diem allowance to its one nominee for participation in each of the seminars, workshops, training courses etc. organised by the Centre. Additional nominees are also given free local hospitality, provided they arrange their international fare and also pay a nominal participation fee to the Centre. Registration Fees levied by the host institutions are waived off for the participants from the member country sponsored by the NAM S&T Centre.
· Receives support under the ‘NAM S&T Centre Research Fellowship’ scheme towards international fare for travel of its one specialist for affiliation with an institution in another member country in an area of mutual interest, provided the cost towards local hospitality, transport etc. is met by the host institution.
· Receives support under the ‘Joint NAM S&T Centre – ICCBS Fellowship Programme’ towards international fare and local hospitality, e.g. furnished accommodation and an out-of-pocket allowance @US$200 per month for affiliation of a scientist on competitive basis with the laboratories of the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) (H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular Medicine and Drug Research), University of Karachi, Pakistan for joint research and training for a duration of up to 3 months.
· Receives support under the ‘Joint NAM S&T Centre – ZMT Bremen Fellowship’ towards international fare and monthly allowance @€1000 to cover accommodation, meals etc. for affiliation of a scientist on competitive basis with the Centre for Tropical Marine Ecology (Zentrum für Marine Tropenökologie - ZMT), Bremen, Germany to conduct joint research in Tropical Coastal Marine Ecology and Biogeochemistry for a duration of up to 3 months.
· Receives support under the Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS) for affiliation of its scientists on competitive basis towards international fare and a consolidated Fellowship amount of INR 35,000 per month (non-taxable) [about US$630 at the current exchange rate] for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses, and a one-time grant of INR 15,000 for domestic travel [about US$270 at the current exchange rate] for airport transfers and visiting research institutions, attending scientific /events and field-trips within India.
· May access the vast information and data base created by the NAM S&T Centre on experts and professionals in various subjects in different countries for use in transfer of technology, establishing international collaboration and undertaking joint projects.
· Receives free printed copies of the Centre’s quarterly Newsletter, which provides information on important scientific events, achievements and discoveries specifically in the developing world and also on various activities of the NAM S&T Centre.
· May disseminate the information on its S&T developments and any scientific announcements on the Centre’s website www.namstct.org as also in the Centre’s Newsletter free of cost.
· May procure copies of various priced publications of the Centre at a heavily discounted rate over the catalogue price for dissemination to its scientists and scientific institutions.
· Facilitates the organisation of training and hands-on courses for the scientists of the member country in another country on payment basis.
· May designate a scientific institution or agency to host and organise scientific activities jointly with the NAM S&T Centre on a cost-sharing basis, which provides not only an international exposure to the host institution but also a scope for establishing scientist-to-scientist contact and bilateral collaborative relations.